Double Suction Pump Upgrades
Our rotating equipment experience and expertise allow us to improve equipment efficiency and/or improve MTBF. Some typical double suction pump upgrades include:
No double suction pump is too big.
- Conversion from packing to mechanical seals.
- Service life of casings can be extended by inserted with stainless steel, line bored and coated with ceramic epoxy.
- Installation of labyrinth seals to prevent lubricant contamination–primary cause of bearing failure.
- Review shaft design and bearing arrangements to assure latest in technology.
- Increase diameter of stainless steel impeller for increased capacity. Low pulse performance for fan pumps can be maintained.
- Modify impeller-to-volute clearances for reduced noise and recirculation cavitation.
For more information, call your nearest PRO Services®
Repairs & Upgrades Center