Pump System Screening & Assessments
Pump system assessments help qualify and quantify the best opportunities to improve system energy efficiency and reliability.
The following system modifications offer the most potential for efficiency improvements:
- Motor efficiency via new replacement or upgrade
- Best match between component size and load requirement
- Use of speed control instead of throttling or bypass mechanisms
- Reduced load on the motor through improved process and systems design
Also, when performing system assessments, the following pump symptoms are good indicators of potential opportunity:
- Throttled valve
- Bypass line normally open
- Presence of cavitation noise
- Constant pump operation in a batch environment
- Multiple parallel pump system with the same number of pumps always operating
ITT PRO Services performs various levels of pump system assessments, from an initial survey to detailed system review and analysis of system optimization alternatives.